Saturday, January 07, 2017

Blue Cape - original oil pastel portrait drawing

I'm not sure I will "finish" this 5 x 7" piece on panel since it feels as if I've accomplished what I've set out to do.  I like the openness on the left side and maybe if I completely cover it, I might regret it.  Isn't it fun to read my rant?  Sorry.  Although I could actually go on and on.
So sad and worried at the moment - my wonderful and beloved Able Assistant, Roger, seems to be ill.   It's terrible to watch - will probably stay downstairs with him tonight and we'll sleep in my recliner, all bundled up together.  Only hope he can recover - he's such a part of my life.





2 comments:

hmuxo said...

This is beautiful as is Connie. It reminds me when I went to the museum in NYC (I can't remember the museum at this moment) and they displayed unfinished paintings by many of the Masters!!! Such an interesting exhibit!!! I hope by the time you see this comment Roger will be feeling better...

Connie Chadwell said...

Wow Hilda! I would love to have seen that exhibit! Also good to hear that things don't have to be finished to be considered art - very interesting. And Roger is better, thank you so much!